Industrial truck (forklift) dimensions
Parts of a Counterbalance forklift
Reach Forklift or picker forklift
Person controlled pallet forklift
Forklift maintenance and battery charging areas
- This area of the warehouse must be apart from rest of the warehouse areas.
- This area requires health and safety measures.
- The floor should be able to withstand heavy impact and battery acids (heavy duty epoxy resin).
- Battery chargers should be mounted on external walls with extractor fans.
- An equipment storage may be required.
Pickard, Q. (2002). Architect‟s Handbook. Industrial Buildings, Forklift dimensions. Page 210, ISBN 0-632-03925-6, Blackwell Publishing
Crown. 2019. Crown. [Online]. [14 April 2019]. Available from: https://www.crown.com/en-nz/forklifts/sp-stockpicker.html
Crown. (2019) Crown Handling. [Online]. [14 April 2019]. Available from: https://www.crown.com/en-nz/forklifts/sp-stockpicker.html,
Toyota Material Handlingcomau. (2019) Toyotamaterialhandling,comau. [Online]. [14 April 2019]. Available from: https://www.toyotamaterialhandling.com.au/products/product-search/hand-pallet-jacks/
Bennie equipment. (2015) Weight-of-your-mind. [Online]. [14 April 2019]. Available from: http://www.bennieequipment.co.uk/2015/05/simons-blog-weight-of-your-mind/
Pickard, Q. (2002). Architect‟s Handbook. Industrial Buildings, Fork-lift maintenance and battery-charging areas. Page 210, ISBN 0-632-03925-6, Blackwell Publishing
A breakdown of all the studies have been compiled in my Warehouse design blog
For convenience, I here are direct links to all the Research topics with proper reference.
- Introduction to modern "Bazaar"
- Literature Synthesis and Typology of warehouses
- Why the 19th century warehouse did not sustain? History
- Case Study of- A warehouse with over 3000 orders a day
- Site Analysis of Tejgaon Industrial Area/ Development Trend of Tejgaon Industrial Area/ Number of plots and their floor area
- Defining site and its surroundings according to theories of Kevin Lynch/ Site Location/ Site Area etc.
- Site surroundings, Location of electric poles and existing site images
- Project Programme
- Difference between traditional and modern Warehousing
- Fundamentals of Modern Warehousing
- Warehouse building types
- Warehouse and the Industrial Revolution
- What is Industry 4.0?
- Storage efficiency with various handling methods
- Industrial truck (forklift) dimensions
- Autonomous Vehicles in warehouse logistics
- Industrial Pallets, Standard pallet patterns and Standard Pallet sizes
- Loading Bay sizes, planning and Layout criteria
- Planning for fire control and Fire compartmentalization
- Amenity and Hygiene/ Washing and toilet facilities/ workplace design considerations
- Rules from BNBC Part I
- Rules from BNBC Part II Fire Protection
- List of flammable items/ Combustible dust dangers in a grocery warehouse
- Rat proofing/ Termite proofing in industrial buildings
- Industrial Shelves
- Field Survey
- Design Documents: FAR Calculation and Building code (RAJUK)
- Concept info graphic, Massing diagram and Volume Analysis
Read the Next Article: Autonomous Vehicles in warehouse logistics
Read the Previous Article: Storage efficiency with various handling methods
Link to Full portfolio: https://shawlin.net/blogs/architecture-portfolio