The process of buying and selling forms a personal relationship with the local vendors and surrounding community members. This scenario is not noticeable in Dhaka city these days due to various reasons and to simplify the process of buying and selling, online shopping fulfilment centres find their place in various points all over Dhaka city. These fulfilment centres are otherwise recognized as order fulfilment storage warehouse which operates on the basis of a cycle of events and processes.
A "bazaar‟ or a marketplace is considered an enclosed marketplace or street store in which many kinds of goods are for sale. However, in the context of Bangladesh, these "bazaars‟ are community spaces where people meet and spend their time with acquaintances.
Painting by Mahinur Paints
A breakdown of all the studies have been compiled in my Warehouse design blog
For convenience, I here are direct links to all the Research topics with proper reference.
- Introduction to modern "Bazaar"
- Literature Synthesis and Typology of warehouses
- Why the 19th century warehouse did not sustain? History
- Case Study of- A warehouse with over 3000 orders a day
- Site Analysis of Tejgaon Industrial Area/ Development Trend of Tejgaon Industrial Area/ Number of plots and their floor area
- Defining site and its surroundings according to theories of Kevin Lynch/ Site Location/ Site Area etc.
- Site surroundings, Location of electric poles and existing site images
- Project Programme
- Difference between traditional and modern Warehousing
- Fundamentals of Modern Warehousing
- Warehouse building types
- Warehouse and the Industrial Revolution
- What is Industry 4.0?
- Storage efficiency with various handling methods
- Industrial truck (forklift) dimensions
- Autonomous Vehicles in warehouse logistics
- Industrial Pallets, Standard pallet patterns and Standard Pallet sizes
- Loading Bay sizes, planning and Layout criteria
- Planning for fire control and Fire compartmentalization
- Amenity and Hygiene/ Washing and toilet facilities/ workplace design considerations
- Rules from BNBC Part I
- Rules from BNBC Part II Fire Protection
- List of flammable items/ Combustible dust dangers in a grocery warehouse
- Rat proofing/ Termite proofing in industrial buildings
- Industrial Shelves
- Field Survey
- Design Documents: FAR Calculation and Building code (RAJUK)
- Concept info graphic, Massing diagram and Volume Analysis
Read the Next Article: Literature Synthesis and Typology of warehouses
Read the Previous Article: Distribution center for grocery E-market
Link to Full portfolio: https://shawlin.net/blogs/architecture-portfolio