A breakdown of all the studies have been compiled in my Warehouse design blog
For convenience, I here are direct links to all the Research topics with proper reference.
- Introduction to modern "Bazaar"
- Literature Synthesis and Typology of warehouses
- Why the 19th century warehouse did not sustain? History
- Case Study of- A warehouse with over 3000 orders a day
- Site Analysis of Tejgaon Industrial Area/ Development Trend of Tejgaon Industrial Area/ Number of plots and their floor area
- Defining site and its surroundings according to theories of Kevin Lynch/ Site Location/ Site Area etc.
- Site surroundings, Location of electric poles and existing site images
- Project Programme
- Difference between traditional and modern Warehousing
- Fundamentals of Modern Warehousing
- Warehouse building types
- Warehouse and the Industrial Revolution
- What is Industry 4.0?
- Storage efficiency with various handling methods
- Industrial truck (forklift) dimensions
- Autonomous Vehicles in warehouse logistics
- Industrial Pallets, Standard pallet patterns and Standard Pallet sizes
- Loading Bay sizes, planning and Layout criteria
- Planning for fire control and Fire compartmentalization
- Amenity and Hygiene/ Washing and toilet facilities/ workplace design considerations
- Rules from BNBC Part I
- Rules from BNBC Part II Fire Protection
- List of flammable items/ Combustible dust dangers in a grocery warehouse
- Rat proofing/ Termite proofing in industrial buildings
- Industrial Shelves
- Field Survey
- Design Documents: FAR Calculation and Building code (RAJUK)
- Concept info graphic, Massing diagram and Volume Analysis
Read the Next Article: Difference between traditional and modern Warehousing
Read the Previous Article: Site surroundings, Location of electric poles and existing site images
Link to Full portfolio: https://shawlin.net/blogs/architecture-portfolio